Becourt - Military Cemetery, Becordel-Becourt

The Military Cemetery was begun in August, 1915, by the 51st (Highland) Division, and carried on by the 18th and other Divisions in the line until the Battles of the Somme, 1916. It continued in use, chiefly by Field Ambulances, until April, 1917; and Plot II was made by the 18th Division at the end of August, 1918. There are now 713 casualties of the 1914-1918 war commemorated in this site. Of these, 8 are unidentified and a special memorial is erected to a soldier from the United Kingdom buried among them. Three German graves have been removed. The cemetery covers an area of 4,327 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall. Source -

Browse photos


© Copyright 2013